Pro přehrání dalších podcastů se prosím registrujte.

Aplikace je ZDARMA. Váš email potřebujeme pouze k tomu, abychom vám mohli vybírat podcasty přesně na míru. Budete moci odebírat podcasty, hledat osobnosti a témata napříč podcasty, aby vám neunikl žádný zajímavý rozhovor.

Vyzkoušejte vaše osobní rádio. Děkujeme, Team Youradio Talk.

Obrázek epizody #622: A Rare In-Person Random Show with Kevin Rose — VR Workouts, I Bonds, Excellent Movies, Recent Books, Lessons from Amy Tan, How to Shape Your Mind, and More

The Tim Ferriss Show

Tim Ferriss: Bestselling Author, Human Guinea Pig

Byznys

Podnikání

#622: A Rare In-Person Random Show with Kevin Rose — VR Workouts, I Bonds, Excellent Movies, Recent Books, Lessons from Amy Tan, How to Shape Your Mind, and More

Obrázek epizody #622: A Rare In-Person Random Show with Kevin Rose — VR Workouts, I Bonds, Excellent Movies, Recent Books, Lessons from Amy Tan, How to Shape Your Mind, and More

Poslechněte si podcast

23. 9. 2022

1 hod 33 min

O epizodě podcastu

A Rare In-Person Random Show with Kevin Rose — VR Workouts, I Bonds, Excellent Movies, Recent Books, Lessons from Amy Tan, How to Shape Your Mind, and More | Brought to you by Athletic Greens all-in-one nutritional supplement, Wealthfront ‘s high-yield savings account, and Shopify global commerce platform providing tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business. More on all three below.

Technologist, serial entrepreneur, world-class investor, self-experimenter, and all-around wild and crazy guy Kevin Rose ( @KevinRose ) rejoins me for another episode of The Random Show .

Please enjoy!

This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens . I get asked all the time, “If you could use only one supplement, what would it be?” My answer is usually AG1 by Athletic Greens , my all-in-one nutritional insurance. I recommended it in The 4-Hour Body in 2010 and did not get paid to do so. I do my best with nutrient-dense meals, of course, but AG further covers my bases with vitamins, minerals, and whole-food-sourced micronutrients that support gut health and the immune system.

Right now, Athletic Greens is offering you their Vitamin D Liquid Formula free with your first subscription purchase —a vital nutrient for a strong immune system and strong bones. Visit AthleticGreens.com/Tim to claim this special offer today and receive the free Vitamin D Liquid Formula (and five free travel packs) with your first subscription purchase! That’s up to a one-year supply of Vitamin D as added value when you try their delicious and comprehensive all-in-one daily greens product.

This episode is also brought to you by Shopify ! Shopify is one of my favorite platforms and one of my favorite companies. Shopify is designed for anyone to sell anywhere , giving entrepreneurs the resources once reserved for big business. In no time flat, you can have a great looking online store that brings your ideas to life, and you can have the tools to manage your day-to-day and drive sales. No coding or design experience required.

More than a store, Shopify grows with you, and they never stop innovating, providing more and more tools to make your business better and your life easier. Go to Shopify.com/Tim for a FREE TRIAL and get full access to Shopify’s entire suite of features .

This episode is also brought to you by Wealthfront ! Wealthfront is an app that helps you save and invest your money. Right now, you can earn two percent APY—that’s the Annual Percentage Yield—with the Wealthfront Cash Account . That’s twenty times more interest than if you left your money in a savings account at the average bank, according to FDIC.gov.

It takes just a few minutes to sign up, and then you’ll immediately start earning two-percent interest on your savings. And when you open an account today, you’ll get an extra fifty dollar bonus with a deposit of five hundred dollars or more. Visit Wealthfront.com/Tim to get started.

For show notes and past guests on The Tim Ferriss Show , please visit tim.blog/podcast .

For deals from sponsors of The Tim Ferriss Show , please visit tim.blog/podcast-sponsors

For transcripts of episodes, go to tim.blog/transcripts .

Discover Tim’s books: tim.blog/books .

Follow Tim:

Twitter : twitter.com/tferriss

Instagram : instagram.com/timferriss

YouTube : youtube.com/timferriss

Facebook : facebook.com/timferriss

LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/timferriss

Past guests on The Tim Ferriss Show include Jerry Seinfeld , Hugh Jackman , Dr. Jane Goodall , LeBron James , Kevin Hart , Doris Kearns Goodwin , Jamie Foxx , Matthew McConaughey , Esther Perel , Elizabeth Gilbert , Terry Crews , Sia , Yuval Noah Harari , Malcolm Gladwell , Madeleine Albright , Cheryl Strayed , Jim Collins , Mary Karr, Maria Popova , Sam Harris , Michael Phelps , Bob Iger , Edward Norton , Arnold Schwarzenegger , Neil Strauss , Ken Burns , Maria Sharapova , Marc Andreessen , Neil Gaiman , Neil de Grasse Tyson , Jocko Willink , Daniel Ek , Kelly Slater , Dr. Peter Attia , Seth Godin , Howard Marks , Dr. Brené Brown , Eric Schmidt , Michael Lewis , Joe Gebbia , Michael Pollan , Dr. Jordan Peterson , Vince Vaughn , Brian Koppelman , Ramit Sethi , Dax Shepard , Tony Robbins , Jim Dethmer , Dan Harris , Ray Dalio , Naval Ravikant , Vitalik Buterin , Elizabeth Lesser , Amanda Palmer , Katie Haun , Sir Richard Branson , Chuck Palahniuk , Arianna Huffington , Reid Hoffman , Bill Burr , Whitney Cummings , Rick Rubin , Dr. Vivek Murthy , Darren Aronofsky , Margaret Atwood , Mark Zuckerberg , Peter Thiel , Dr. Gabor Maté , Anne Lamott , Sarah Silverman , Dr. Andrew Huberman , and many more.

See Privacy Policy at https://art19.com/privacy and California Privacy Notice at https://art19.com/privacy#do-not-sell-my-info .

A Rare In-Person Random Show with Kevin Rose — VR Workouts, I Bonds, Excellent Movies, Recent Books, Lessons from Amy Tan, How to Shape Your Mind, and More | Brought to you by Athletic Greens all-in-one nutritional supplement, Wealthfront ‘s high-yield savings account, and Shopify global commerce platform providing tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business. More on all three below.

Technologist, serial entrepreneur, world-class investor, self-experimenter, and all-around wild and crazy guy Kevin Rose ( @KevinRose ) rejoins me for another episode of The Random Show .

In this one, we discuss conspirituality, opening the doors of perception with prescription and meditation, movies we've been enjoying, fictional world-building, high-interest I bonds, lessons from Amy Tan, full-body MRI scans, Austin vs. San Francisco, why I refrain from "gotcha" interviews on this show, and much, much more.

Please enjoy!

This episode is brought to you by Athletic Greens . I get asked all the time, “If you could use only one supplement, what would it be?” My answer is usually AG1 by Athletic Greens , my all-in-one nutritional insurance. I recommended it in The 4-Hour Body in 2010 and did not get paid to do so. I do my best with nutrient-dense meals, of course, but AG further covers my bases with vitamins, minerals, and whole-food-sourced micronutrients that support gut health and the immune system.

Right now, Athletic Greens is offering you their Vitamin D Liquid Formula free with your first subscription purchase —a vital nutrient for a strong immune system and strong bones. Visit AthleticGreens.com/Tim to claim this special offer today and receive the free Vitamin D Liquid Formula (and five free travel packs) with your first subscription purchase! That’s up to a one-year supply of Vitamin D as added value when you try their delicious and comprehensive all-in-one daily greens product.

This episode is also brought to you by Shopify ! Shopify is one of my favorite platforms and one of my favorite companies. Shopify is designed for anyone to sell anywhere , giving entrepreneurs the resources once reserved for big business. In no time flat, you can have a great looking online store that brings your ideas to life, and you can have the tools to manage your day-to-day and drive sales. No coding or design experience required.

More than a store, Shopify grows with you. And they never stop innovating, providing more and more tools to make your business better and your life easier. Go to Shopify.com/Tim for a FREE TRIAL and get full access to Shopify’s entire suite of features .

This episode is also brought to you by Wealthfront ! Wealthfront is an app that helps you save and invest your money. Right now, you can earn two percent APY—that’s the Annual Percentage Yield—with the Wealthfront Cash Account . That’s twenty times more interest than if you left your money in a savings account at the average bank, according to FDIC.gov.

It takes just a few minutes to sign up, and then you’ll immediately start earning two-percent interest on your savings. And when you open an account today, you’ll get an extra fifty dollar bonus with a deposit of five hundred dollars or more. Visit Wealthfront.com/Tim to get started.

[05:35] Why we’re recording this in Los Angeles.

[09:40] What are we drinking?

[12:06] Why I aim for evergreen interviews over gotchas on this show.

[21:51] Where Kevin wants me to take this show.

[23:35] Scenes: Austin vs. San Francisco.

[25:55] I did not start the conspirituality.

[32:17] Opening the doors of perception with prescription and meditation.

[38:34] Movies we’ve been watching.

[50:18] A peek into my world-building, fictional foray.

[56:13] Are we too old for podcasting?

[57:18] Should you buy I bonds right now? (Reminder: not financial advice!)

[59:46] Lessons from Amy Tan.

[1:02:27] How we get suckered into paying for services we haven’t used in years.

[1:03:30] Fat, bald, and bastardly is no way to go through life, son.

[1:05:44] Supernatural fitness: the only thing Kevin likes about VR.

[1:07:06] Why you might want to consider getting a full-body MRI scan.

[1:11:44] Mind over matter.

[1:17:48] What the current state of medicine hints about its future.

[1:25:27] Parting thoughts.

For show notes and past guests on The Tim Ferriss Show , please visit tim.blog/podcast .

For deals from sponsors of The Tim Ferriss Show , please visit tim.blog/podcast-sponsors

For transcripts of episodes, go to tim.blog/transcripts .

Discover Tim’s books: tim.blog/books .

Follow Tim:

Twitter : twitter.com/tferriss

Instagram : instagram.com/timferriss

YouTube : youtube.com/timferriss

Facebook : facebook.com/timferriss

LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/timferriss

Past guests on The Tim Ferriss Show include Jerry Seinfeld , Hugh Jackman , Dr. Jane Goodall , LeBron James , Kevin Hart , Doris Kearns Goodwin , Jamie Foxx , Matthew McConaughey , Esther Perel , Elizabeth Gilbert , Terry Crews , Sia , Yuval Noah Harari , Malcolm Gladwell , Madeleine Albright , Cheryl Strayed , Jim Collins , Mary Karr, Maria Popova , Sam Harris , Michael Phelps , Bob Iger , Edward Norton , Arnold Schwarzenegger , Neil Strauss , Ken Burns , Maria Sharapova , Marc Andreessen , Neil Gaiman , Neil de Grasse Tyson , Jocko Willink , Daniel Ek , Kelly Slater , Dr. Peter Attia , Seth Godin , Howard Marks , Dr. Brené Brown , Eric Schmidt , Michael Lewis , Joe Gebbia , Michael Pollan , Dr. Jordan Peterson , Vince Vaughn , Brian Koppelman , Ramit Sethi , Dax Shepard , Tony Robbins , Jim Dethmer , Dan Harris , Ray Dalio , Naval Ravikant , Vitalik Buterin , Elizabeth Lesser , Amanda Palmer , Katie Haun , Sir Richard Branson , Chuck Palahniuk , Arianna Huffington , Reid Hoffman , Bill Burr , Whitney Cummings , Rick Rubin , Dr. Vivek Murthy , Darren Aronofsky , Margaret Atwood , Mark Zuckerberg , Peter Thiel , Dr. Gabor Maté , Anne Lamott , Sarah Silverman , Dr. Andrew Huberman , and many more.

See Privacy Policy at https://art19.com/privacy and California Privacy Notice at https://art19.com/privacy#do-not-sell-my-info .